Do you feel stressed every time you work on your computer? Does the nonstop reading and coding give you headaches? Do you feel a lot of strain on your eyes at the end of the day? If you have been nodding miserably, it means you need a new monitor.
Best Monitor for Reading Documents
Back in time, we only had a few choices, and that’s why we all settled with the most popular budget monitor. If it strained our eyes, we compromised. But, with advancements in technology and with serious consideration for health, manufacturers have come up with various different models of monitors suitable for different purposes. For example, if you look for a gaming monitor, you will see that it has corresponding features. If your work requires a lot of reading, coding, spreadsheet entry, etc., you will need to choose a monitor with features that help make reading easy. Text clarity is definitely the number one priority, but with that, you need technology that takes care of your eyes!
Fortunately, there’s no shortage today. You should look for monitors that either have e-ink or IPS technology. You can also choose TN, but e-ink and IPS are the perfect choices for text clarity. We have decided to help you further by sharing our list of the best monitors for reading text. They cover a wide range of features, enabling you to choose based on your preferences. Let’s begin.
1. ASUS VZ239H-W 23” Full HD Monitor (White)
ASUS has always been a frontrunner because it provides excellent monitors at budget prices. The VZ239H-W model is powered with the eye-care technology and a series of features that aid reading and working. Below are a few highlights:
- It is a 23” IPS monitor with wide viewing angles at 178 degrees.
- It has multiple ports, such as HDMI and VGA, to enable connectivity.
- It is ultra-slim with a width of only 0.27”.
- It has a frameless design that helps you connect multiple monitors with ease.
- The ASUS Eye Care Technology promises to give you a flicker-free and anti-blur experience. This implies that you won’t have to worry about eye fatigue.
- It also has a blue light filter.
- Its refresh rate is 75 Hz with a response time of 5ms.
- The manufacturers provide a 3-year warranty.
2. Dasung E-Ink Paperlike 3HD Front-Light Monitor
The Dasung E-Ink Paperlike monitor has been designed explicitly for reading. So, if you are mostly going to use the monitor for reading, this should be your pick. Here are some of its features:
- It does not emit any harsh backlight. This eliminates problems such as insomnia, headaches, and eye issues.
- The monitor comes with USB and HDMI cables that you can use to connect to computers and laptops.
- You can use the monitor seamlessly outdoors, in high glare environments, and in low light situations. It completely eliminates the glare issues no matter where you are.
- It works with MacOS, Windows, Linux, and Ubuntu. However, the touch functionality is not compatible with Mac. So, if you plan on connecting it with Mac, you won’t be able to use the touch feature.
- It offers various display modes for you to choose from.
- It supports warm and white light through its multi-range brightness adjustment feature.
- The only downside to this monitor is its price. While it is the best monitor for text clarity, it is very expensive. So, we advise you to buy it only if you think you will make the most of it.
3. Dell S Series LED-Lit Monitor (Black) for Reading Documents
If you want a large monitor that comes with multiple features along with being a great monitor for reading, Dell S Series is your answer. What’s more, it is easily affordable! Here’s why you should consider it:
- It is a QHD monitor, providing 68 million pixels (two times that of full HD).
- It is 32 inches in size and has a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels.
- It offers very wide viewing angles with a clear view from various points.
- The monitor covers 99% of the sRGB color gamut.
- It has a VESA mountable design.
- The refresh rate is 60 Hz.
- It has a flicker-free and low-haze screen, which removes eye fatigue completely.
- It is also equipped with the Dell ComfortView Feature that removes blue light.
- The monitor’s Easy Arrange feature is one of our favorites because it helps us stay organized with considerable ease.
- It has multiple connectivity slots, including HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort, and USB.
4. Philips 328E9QJAB 32” Curved Frameless Monitor
Here’s another wonder monitor for you! The Philips monitor comes with a few mesmerizing features at an affordable cost. Let’s find out what they are:
- This is a 32” Full HD, LED monitor.
- It has a curved VA panel for comfortable viewing.
- The wide viewing angles with wide-color technology ensure further convenience and immersive viewing experience.
- It offers a response time of 5ms and a refresh rate of 75Hz.
- It comes equipped with the AMD FreeSync Technology, making it a good monitor not just for reading but also for gaming.
- It is VESA mount compatible.
- It has multiple ports, such as HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort, and Audio. It also has built-in speakers.
- It also has many features that specifically allow better reading. These include flicker-free technology, LowBlue mode, and anti-blur. Its ultra-narrow borders further help its aim to help you reduce eye fatigue.
5. LG 32MA68HY-P 32-inch IPS Monitor for Reading Documents
Raving reviews and excellent features! This defines the LG monitor perfectly. One of the most popular choices out there, it is affordable and dependable at the same time. Listed below are a few of its features:
- The LG 32MA68HY-P is a full HD 32-inch IPS monitor.
- It provides on-screen control to help you adjust the monitor settings with ease.
- It allows screen split (up to 4 windows) so that you multitask whenever the need arises.
- It is VESA compatible for mounting.
- Its connectivity inputs include USB, HDMI, and DisplayPort.
- It has a special reader mode that reduces blue light, flicker, and eye fatigue.
These are the best monitors for text clarity and fatigue-free reading, according to us. You will find that they vary in additional features and pricing. We intentionally provide such options on our list to help you choose based on your personal preferences.
Now, all that’s left is for you to compare and pick your favorite! Hope you choose the best option. Good luck. ☺