Choosing the right monitor is extremely important for convenience and ease of use. A lot depends on why you need a monitor – is it for regular browsing, work, or gaming? It could be for two or more functions as well.
Narrowing down the requirements will help you choose from the plethora of options the market has to offer today. To make this easy for you, we have a brief guide that you can follow. We have also chosen the best 30-inch monitors for you so that you go straight to your cart and checkout after reading our article.
How to Choose the Right Monitor – Tips
Even if you are unsure about the specifics, there are a few general aspects that stand true for all monitors. These include the following:
- The size: Common monitors can be as small as 19 inches and as large as 38 inches. You will find even larger monitors but they are not very common. If you are reading this, we are pretty sure you want a 30-inch monitor. And, that’s a good choice for most functions. There are also ultra-wide, curved, and non-curved models that are large and suit specific needs (such as dual display setups).
- The resolution: The native resolution of 24- to 32-inch monitors is 2560 x 1440 pixels. They qualify as WQHD monitors. The smaller monitors are usually full HD. UHD monitors are also available in large screen sizes but they can be more expensive because UHD promises more detailing and easier multi-tasking.
- The price: You will find monitors in all price ranges but the number and quality of features you enjoy will depend on how much you are willing to pay. For example, under $100 you will get a basic and functional 23-inch monitor.
- The response time: Response time is the time a pixel takes to change from black to white. It is measured in milliseconds. Monitors with excellent response time (1 ms) will have no lag or blurring. This is a crucial point for gamers. So, if you are a hardcore gamer, you will need a monitor with low response time. Others may not even notice the difference and so can afford to choose one with 5 ms or more.
- Other features: The number of ports, built-in speakers, adjustable height, VESA compatibility, type of panel, touchscreen, etc. are the other common features that you may choose from.
Remember, there is no shortage of features or variety in monitors. The choice ultimately boils down to you. You may be tempted to buy a 30-inch monitor with lots of features but it may translate to money being wasted if you don’t use those features. Please be careful about that. Spend wisely!
Best 30 Monitor
Time to showcase our picks! Let’s begin –
1. VIOTEK GNV30CB
This 30-inch monitor from VIOTEK is a gamer’s dream! It is a curved gaming monitor with an aspect ratio of 21:9. It has a range of features that we are sure you will love. Let’s go through them:
- It is perfect for those who want a large monitor but do not have the space for a 34-inch model.
- It gives all the benefits you could ask for including 2560 x 1080p resolution (2K).
- The response time is 4 ms and the refresh rate is 144 Hz.
- It is powered by AMD FreeSync, which ensures the highest picture quality without tearing or stuttering.
- The monitor has awesome connectivity with multiple ports such as HDMI, audio jack, and DisplayPort.
- The manufacturers offer a 3-year warranty with this model.
2. Sceptre C305W – Ultra-wide Monitor
Sceptre is a leader when it comes to budget monitors. This one is a solid proof. It is a curved creative monitor with excellent resolution and features such as the following:
- Its resolution is 2560 x 1080p.
- It is ultra-wide and ultra-slim with an aspect ratio of 21:9.
- It comes powered with AdaptiveSync.
- The refresh rate is 85 Hz.
- The monitor has multiple display settings that you can choose and customize including RTS and FPS.
- The response time is 1 ms.
- You can enjoy flicker-free viewing without worrying about blue light.
- Connectivity is really good, with 2 HDMI ports and a DisplayPort.
3. Dell U3011 – UltraSharp
Dell is a leader when it comes to monitors, and rightly so. If you don’t believe us, check this amazing 30-inch monitor out for yourself! Its main features are as follows:
- It comes with IPS technology to ensure that you get wide viewing angle with little to no color deviation.
- The aspect ratio is 16:10 while the resolution is 2560 x 1080p.
- It is easily adjustable and very user-friendly.
- The monitor is especially good for users who want to multitask.
- The refresh rate is 60 Hz.
- Its connectivity is at par with most expectations as it has HDMI, USB, DVI-D, DisplayPort, and a media card reader.
4. MSI Full HD Monitor
MSI is another crowd favorite known for its exceptional gaming monitors. If you are a gaming enthusiast and want a 30-inch monitor, you won’t go wrong with this one. Here’s why we think so:
- It is a curved gaming monitor that promises excellent gameplay immersion.
- The full-HD monitor has a resolution of 2560 x 1080p.
- The response time is 1 ms.
- It has AMD FreeSync that promises zero tearing.
- It is ultra-wide and displays details perfectly.
- The refresh rate is 200 Hz.
- Connectivity options include HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB.
5. Sceptre Gaming Monitor – 30 inches
It is ultra-wide, ultra-slim, and ultra-good! It is one of our favorite picks for gamers who are on a budget. Why do we say so? Its features will answer that for you:
- The monitor has a resolution of 2560 x 1080 pixels. It is curved and ultra-wide.
- The response time is 5 ms GTG.
- It has an excellent refresh rate – up to 200 Hz!
- It is powered with AMD FreeSync allowing gamers to enjoy seamless and smooth movement even in fast games.
- It has multiple display settings such as RTS and FPS.
- The monitor is VESA compatible.
- Its aspect ratio is 21:9.
- It has good connectivity with 3 HDMI ports and a DisplayPort.
You will note that all of our picks are in the affordable range. You can widen your search and look for more expensive options as well, provided you need the features. However, for regular use and for average gamers, these choices will suffice. Go on then, make your purchase and let us know which one you went with.
If you need any more help zeroing in on the right product, please feel free to comment. We will get back to you with answers!