A decade or so earlier, we really couldn’t distinguish between monitors. They all seemed to have the same features, and they all seemed to be super-machines that did everything! However, as we grew up, trends changed with the increase in demand. Today, there are separate monitors for work, gaming, photography, design & editing, etc. While gaming laptops and monitors are quite common, not many people know about the best monitor for graphic design & photography. That’s where we come in!
Best Monitor for Graphic Design & Photography
We have put together a list of our favorite monitors on this space for you to look through and choose your favorite. Let’s start:
1. ASUS Designo MX25AQ 25” Monitor
Starting with ASUS is a really good idea because it is one of the most affordable and reliable monitors out there. It functions well and protects you with the ASUS Eye Care Technology, enabling you to work for hours without strain. What else? Find out here:
- It is a 25-inch WQHD monitor with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels.
- It has a frameless design with tilt functionality as well as a multi-monitor option.
- It provides the ultimate security through a Kensington lock.
- It is also a 100% sRGB IPS monitor that displays images with the utmost clarity. This is one of the main reasons why we recommend it for designers and photographers.
- The eye care technology is teamed with minimal blue light and flicker-free backlighting to give you the best experience.
- It is quite a catch when it comes to sound specs. It has 3W x 2 stereo, 52 x 2 amplifier, RMS, and SonicMaster optimization technology.
- It has multiple connectivity options, such as HDMI and DisplayPort.
- The monitor is protected by a 3-year ASUS Rapid Replacement warranty.
2. Samsung 32-inch 4K Curved Monitor
If you are a gamer and a designer, this Samsung monitor will be your best friend. It has features that suit graphic designers, photographers, and gamers simultaneously. Thus, if you have multiple interests, you won’t go wrong with this. Also, it is Amazon’s Choice! Why? Explore its features to find out:
- It is a wide monitor at 32 inches and provides UHD 4K quality.
- Samsung claims that it has the world’s most curved 1500R curvature. This greatly enhances the user experience.
- It supports 1 billion colors and has a contrast ratio of 2500:1.
- It has picture-in-picture and other similar split-screen functionalities. The best part is that the resolution remains unchanged even when you connect devices.
- It has a specific game mode that you can activate while gaming. This will optimize the contrast based on the game genre.
- It comes with a metallic stand.
- Its refresh rate is 60 hertz.
- It is also among the more affordable monitors today, perfectly suited for those with a tight budget.
3. LG 34UC80-B 34-inch IPS Monitor
Offering 99% coverage of the sRGB spectrum and showering you with multiple features is the LG IPS monitor, which is also Amazon’s Choice! It is slightly more expensive than the previous products on our list, but we have reason to believe that it is justified. Let’s find out more:
- It is an ultrawide, curved monitor with a QHD display.
- It is color calibrated.
- You can adjust its height and its tilt based on your requirements.
- It is VESA compatible.
- It comes with USB 3.0 and HDMI 2.0, among other connecting options.
- It allows picture-in-picture.
- It has a specific game mode for gaming enthusiasts.
- The AMD FreeSync further strengthens the monitor. It ensures that there’s no stuttering or tearing.
4. Dell U3417W FR3PK 34-inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
When have we ever been able to ignore Dell when it comes to quality monitors? Never! There was absolutely no way we would end our list without the mention of this beautiful monitor. It is one of the most popular options today with a long list of features that we shall go through now:
- The diagonal viewing experience makes you indulge in the picture and get the most out of every color!
- It is a full WQHD monitor that promises impeccable clarity.
- Its viewing angle is 178 degrees/172 degrees.
- It comes with integrated speakers.
- It is height adjustable. You can also tilt and swivel it based on your preferences.
- Its connecting ports include USB 3.0, DP, mini DP, MHL, HDMI 2.0, audio out, etc.
- It has picture-in-picture and picture-by-picture features for multitasking.
5. Acer Predator XB321HK
Ah, this one is a beast! It is definitely one of our favorites because it offers features like no other. Pro gamers, pro graphic designers, and pro photographers can get everything they dream of in this Predator. But, of course, we must tell you that such brilliance comes at a high cost. It is the most expensive monitor on our list. So, is it worth it? We would say yes but please read through its features to decide if it suits your requirements:
- It has a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels.
- It is a 32-inch UHD widescreen monitor.
- Its response time is just 4 ms, which is awesome!
- The monitor is powered by the flicker-free technology that reduces flickering and stuttering of the screen. This directly contributes to a stress-viewing viewing experience.
- Its tilt angle ranges from -5 degrees to 25 degrees.
- Its pixel pitch is 0.185 mm.
- It has NVIDIA G-Sync.
- It has integrated 2w speakers.
- Connectivity options include 4 USB 3.0 ports, a Display Port, and an HDMI port.
The price range is quite extensive in our list of products. We listed them in ascending order to help you sort through and pick the best because we understand that budget is a huge factor. All these monitors are, however, great in their own league. Only a few specs may vary here and there, and you can choose based on which specs are most important to you.
Any doubts? Please feel to comment, and we will get back to you with answers!