The MacBook is a powerful device, isn’t it? It doesn’t just make work seamless, it also gives you a whole new experience that very few others can boast of. The MacBook is popular and preferred mainly because it elevates our capabilities and gives us new horizons to explore.
How to Connect Two Macs for Dual Display?
What’s better than a MacBook, though? Two Macs! More often than not, work calls for more space, more tabs, and multitasking. You may find that your MacBook is not enough for all this and you need to connect it to another Mac for dual display. Is it even possible to do this? Of course! But, is it time-consuming or tedious? Is it a complicated process? Not at all! Apple, thankfully, has answers for all our connectivity desires and the dual display is one of them. The process is fairly easy once you get the hang of it.
In this article, we will walk you through the entire process and help you understand through simple steps.
- Identify the adapters that you can use and get the appropriate cable. You will notice that based on the models of your Macs, there are different ports such as DVI, HDMI, USB-C, etc. Check which one you can work with on each of your Macs.
- Connect the Macs and open System Preferences.
- Here, you will find an option called Displays. Click on it.
- Go to Arrangement.
- You will see an illustration of the two displays. Drag and drop however you want to use them.
- If Mirror Displays is ticked by default, deselect it unless you want both screens to display the same tabs. You can always select this again later if you want the option.
- That’s about it!
In the same window, you will also find an option to Show Mirroring Options in the Menu Bar. Selecting this will make it easier for you to change the settings in the future. You won’t have to open System Preferences every time.
Things to remember:
When it comes to Apple products, we cannot stress this enough – Only use original cables. There are many cases where people try to use cheap cables or inexpensive alternatives only to face problems later on. After the latest Apple updates, a few don’t even work anymore. That is why it is best to buy certified products.
Connecting two Macs for dual display is generally easy, but sometimes, it can get confusing. We hope this article helps you connect your devices without problems. If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know through Comments.