Are monitors only made keeping gamers and movie enthusiasts in mind? Nope. The world of monitors is diverse and fascinating. It has options for working professionals, designers, general browsers, and much more. Whatever your need may be, you can be sure that there’s a computer to fulfill it.
This article is dedicated to those looking for monitors for color grading. Video editors and designers who are craving for a color correction monitor will rejoice by the end of this article because we are going to list out the best monitors for color grading in 2019. Interested? Let’s begin!
Best Monitor for Color Grading
1. BenQ 27-inch 4K PhotoVue Photographer Monitor
Exceptional, unmatched clarity – this is the distinguishing feature of the BenQ 27-inch 4K monitor. It comes with an assortment of features that every video editor will love. Let’s take a look at a few:
- It is an HDR monitor. So, you can expect superb detailing and sharpened brightness.
- It uses AQColor Technology to give you 99% RGB coverage.
- For photography, the hardware calibration support comes very handy.
- It has a USB Type-C port for data transmission and calibration. One cable does it all for you.
- It can read the following cards: MMC, SDXC, SDHC, and SD.
- It has a Palette Master Element Calibration Software.
- Remember, the monitor is mainly for works related to color correction and does not come with in-built speakers.
2. EIZO CS2730-BK-CNX ColorEdge Monitor for Color Grading
This wide-gamut LED monitor is ideal for both, hobbyists and professionals. It comes with a bundled calibration sensor that makes work very easy. Let’s explore a few more features:
- The contrast ratio is 1000:1.
- It provides 99% Adobe RGB coverage.
- You can expect 10 ms response time from this monitor.
- It has HDMI, DVI-D, and DisplayPort options, enabling you to connect multiple devices.
- The brightness you can expect is 350 cd/m2.
- The product comes with a 5-year warranty that you can take advantage of if you are not happy with its accuracy, calibration, or other features.
3. Dell UltraSharp 32” UP3216Q Monitor for Color Grading
How can Dell stay behind in a discussion about the best monitors? Dell produces some of the best monitors for color correction, and the UltraSharp 32” model is a classic example. From being reliable to being incredibly consistent, the Dell monitor has all the major features. Let’s take a look:
- It has PremierColor, which promises color precision.
- It has 4 color spaces: 87% DCI-P3, 100% REC709, 100% sRGB, and 99.5% Adobe RGB.
- It has Ultra HD 4K resolution, which is 4 times better than HD.
- Response time: 6 ms.
- The monitor is quite flexible, meaning you can adjust it according to your comfort level.
- It has a security lock slot.
- The media card reader is built-in.
- Dell offers Premium Panel Guarantee for this monitor.
4. Acer ProDesigner BM320 32” IPS 4K Ultra HD
Oh no, you cannot forget Acer while talking about the best monitors for color grading. Comparatively affordable, Acer monitors have proven their worth multiple times. Let’s see what the ProDesigner has in store for us.
- It has a Widescreen IPS display.
- It has ZeroFrame design.
- Enjoy 100% Adobe RGB with this monitor!
- It has a brightness of 350 nit.
- The response time is 5 ms, which is quite amazing.
- The pixel pitch is 0.185 mm.
- It comes with multiple signal inputs such as Display Port, Mini Display Port, HDMI, and DVI.
- The manufacturers also offer a 3-year exchange warranty in case you run into problems.
5. LG 27UK650-W 27” 4K Monitor for Color Grading
Looking for an inexpensive yet reliable model? You will want to check the LG monitor. It has a 4K UHD resolution and an assortment of features that we shall discuss now:
- It is HDR10 compatible, which is a huge plus for those looking for the latest technology.
- The viewing angle is 178/178.
- It has sRGB 99% color gamut.
- It is HDCP 2.2 compatible.
- It uses the AMD FreeSync technology for utmost ease.
- The monitor comes with 2 HDMI 2.0 ports.
- The On-Screen Control feature lets you adjust the monitor settings without fishing around for them.
6. LG 27UD68-P 27-inch Monitor
This is another marvel from LG. It is an excellent monitor that will fall right into your budget. So, if you are looking for an easily affordable option that you can rely on without troubles, this is the one to go for. We have enlisted its main features here for you:
- It has a 4K UHD resolution.
- The IPS display is simply amazing.
- It offers features such as on-screen control and screen split, letting you multitask without hassle.
- It comes with the FreeSync technology, but you can use this only when you connect to the Display Port.
- It also has a game mode for professionals who also love gaming.
- The design of the model is quite breath-taking, we must add.
7. Asus 32” 4K Ultra HD ProArt Professional Monitor
This one is for all the experts out there. The Asus professional-grade monitor was designed keeping all the requirements of professional editors in mind. It comes loaded with so many features that you will want to buy it immediately. Don’t believe us? Take a look:
- It comes pre-calibrated Monitor and ready to use.
- The monitor has the company’s Eye Care Technology to ensure easy viewing and use. It is also flicker-free.
- The TV also has a stand that’s been ergonomically designed to provide great comfort. You can adjust height, pivot, tilt, swivel, etc. But, if you prefer wall-mounting, you can do that as well!
- You have HDMI, MHL 3.0, USB 3.0, and Display Port 1.2 connectivity options, which means you will never run short of ways to connect devices to the monitor.
- Response time: 6 ms.
- It offers 100% sRGB and Rec. 709 Color Space Support. You can also select the Adobe RGB style is you wish to.
Isn’t this an amazing, wholesome list of the best monitors for color grading? We think so! If you have any other suggestions or have decided to buy from our list, do let us know through Comments!