Are you using dual or triple desktop systems for your work? Are you using separate mouse and keyboard for operating your multiple displays? If yes, then it is the time to use a KVM switch. And today, I am going to review the best 2-port and 4-port KVM switches available in the market.
But, before that, let’s have a look at what precisely the KVM switch is and what it does.
KVM Switch Dual Monitor
In everyday language of a PC, KVM stands for Keyboard, Video, and Mouse. In certain situations like using CAD, web development, designing, or any other programming software, a KVM switch can be handy. The KVM switch dual monitor is useful for both the personal and professional uses. It offers optimal connectivity between two or more systems and eliminates the needs of using redundant screen, mouse, and keyboard. It works similarly in a passion of dual display setup, but instead of using multiple monitors, it operates different systems on a single display.
- Best KVM Switch for Dual Display Systems
- 1) IOGEAR GCS22U 2-Port USB VGA Cable KVM Switch
- 2) TRENDnet TK-222DVK 2-Port Type A USB KVM Switch with Audio
- 3) Belkin Flip 2-Port KVM Switch with Audio Support
- 4) StarTech Triple Monitor DVI USB KVM Switch
- 5) ieGeek 4-Port USB KVM Switch Box
- 6) IOGEAR GCS1104 4-Port DVI KVMP Switch
- 7) UGREEN 2 Port KVM Switch Box
Best KVM Switch for Dual Display Systems
1) IOGEAR GCS22U 2-Port USB VGA Cable KVM Switch
At the top spot in the list, I have reviewed the GCS22U 2-port KVM switch from IOGEAR. Whether you are a home user who loves to play games on Windows and work in Linux environment or a professional multi-tasker, this product will fulfill your needs with its robust features and optimal performance.
Features and specs of IOGEAR GCS22U KVM Switch for Dual Monitor are:
- It delivers a maximum resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels.
- Right plug and play functionality mean connect it with your PC, and you are ready to use it.
- You can switch between the intranet and internet with just a single mouse click.
- It has two USB ports to connect mouse & keyboard as well as a VGA port to control the display.
- It comes with a VGA and USB KVM cables to ease up the setup process.
- It is compatible with PC, MAC, and SUN Operating Systems.
- This KVM switch is available in DVI, VGA, and HDMI styles as well as three different sizes to choose your favorite.
2) TRENDnet TK-222DVK 2-Port Type A USB KVM Switch with Audio
The TK-222DVK from TRENDnet will help you to control two systems at a time with its Type A two ports. You need not buy any cable separately as this KVM switch comes with all required cords.
Specs and features of TRENDnet TK-222DVK 2-Port DVI KVM Switch are:
- It is designed explicitly for the DVI-D displays.
- No need for any installation CD to use this switch.
- Two extra USB ports will allow you to connect the printer and other devices.
- It supports resolution of 1080P and higher.
- It is available in eleven different sizes and seven distinct styles.
3) Belkin Flip 2-Port KVM Switch with Audio Support
The Belkin KVM switch is one of the most famous products out there. Along with the USB and VGA connections, you will get the full audio support through a dedicated port. This package includes one two-port KVM switch from Belkin, one remote, base with cables, one fastener strip, and a user manual.
Features and specs of Belkin KVM Switch for Dual Monitor are:
- It helps you to control multiple computers from a single set of keyboard and mouse quickly and efficiently.
- The included two cables are used to connect different systems.
- You can finish the set up in three easy to follow steps without any software or CD.
- The 2-color LED will help to identify the currently operating computer.
- It supports all types of desktops, PCs, and Mac notebooks.
4) StarTech Triple Monitor DVI USB KVM Switch
From StarTech, you will get a KVM switch for dual and triple monitor setups. With this one of the most distinct features, you can save the cost and workspace for using different keyboards and mice for multiple systems.
Specs and features of StarTech KVM Switch for Triple-Monitor are:
- You can utilize the two USB KVM ports to manage three systems.
- It supports higher resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels on each of the screen you connect with it.
- The USB 2.0 hub and the audio shifting gives you the total control of the multimedia across the displays.
- You can also connect external storage devices, printers, webcams, etc. through this two-port switch.
- You will get a three-year warranty and a lifetime technical support from the company.
5) ieGeek 4-Port USB KVM Switch Box
It is a universal law that the more options you have for connectivity, the more you can utilize your devices. And the 4-port KVM switch from ieGeek follows the same by allowing you to connect more systems in a network.
Features and specs of ieGeek 4-Port KVM Switch are:
- You can connect four different systems to a single monitor and can operate them quickly through a single mouse and a keyboard.
- The USB 2.0 connectivity allows you to use extra peripherals like a printer, USB drive, scanner, etc.
- It is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac Operating Systems.
- You will not need any software to complete the installation thanks to its plug and play functionality.
- It supports resolution of up to 1920 x 1440 pixels.
- The company offers a 30-day free return, 12-month money back warranty and a lifetime technical support if you face any problem with this KVM switch.
6) IOGEAR GCS1104 4-Port DVI KVMP Switch
The GCS1104 KVMP switch from IOGEAR is a TAA compliant product which will provide a revolutionary interface. The DynaSync technology will detect the connected system quickly without any delay and any manual change of resolution.
Specs and features of IOGEAR GCS1104 4-Port KVMP Switch are:
- It supports the resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels at a 60Hz refresh rate.
- The LED screen will help you to quickly identify the status of the connection for a particular system.
- It has a 2.1 channel audio and microphone compatibility.
- The auto-scan mode eliminates the need for user input at the time of connecting another system in the network.
- Plug and play functionality will make you worry-free from going through the tedious setup process.
- The 4-port DVI is compatible with both the digital and analog video inputs.
7) UGREEN 2 Port KVM Switch Box
The two-port KVM Switch from UGREEN will help you to connect multiple systems on a single display to fulfill all your needs and boost your productivity. Its portable design and easy to use functionality make it an excellent choice for the home users.
Features and specs of UGREEN 2-Port KVM Switch Box are:
- It can support a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1440 pixels.
- It is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Dos, Sun Solaris, Netware, and many other Operating Systems.
- Plug and play functionality makes you worry free from going through the installation process.
- It has two USB Type-A, two USB Type-B, and three VGA connection ports to connect the computer, laptop, printer, keyboard, mouse, and other devices.
- This KVM switch does not need an external power adapter. You can charge it through the USB cable attached to your system.
- It comes with two USB cables, so you need not buy them separately.
KVM switch is a boon
The good-quality KVM switches are useful for those who need to switch between Operating Systems frequently. They help to save desktop space and your valuable money by eliminating the need of separate monitor, keyboard, and mouse for using various OS.
All the products mentioned here are tested and verified by the experts and hence are recommended to use. Check the specifications of each of them and analyze your needs. It will help you to choose the best KVM switch for dual monitors. Let me know about your favorite choice. Visit the comment section below and share your thoughts.