If you are wondering what is the best monitor for SolidWorks or which is the perfect CAD monitor, then you are at right place. Whether you work with AutoCAD or SolidWorks or both, I will show some of the most sought and powerful displays that can help you having stunning visuals every time you work on designs.
Display Is Essential for AutoCAD
You may know that you need powerful components in terms of the hardware for having the best results in AutoCAD. Many users only think of the RAM, super performing graphics cards and an enormous hard disk space when they work in CAD (Computer Aided Design). But, they sometimes forget that a monitor display also plays a significant role in an excellent CAD setup.
Though CAD and SolidWorks both are designing computer-aided programs which work on your PC, they have some specific choices to work on.
SolidWorks Needs a Solid Monitor
SolidWorks is also a computer-aided designing and engineering program that works in the Windows Operating Systems. As of now, you may be running the latest Microsoft OS – Windows 10, you also may have upgraded to the faster GPU, RAM size, and other components. You may know or not, but the SolidWorks needs only a single core of the CPU for all except the rendering and simulation.
Based on these facts, I filtered and noted down the best displays for AutoCAD and SolidWorks. Take a look at them below:
Top CAD Monitors
1. Philips 288P6LJEB 28” 4K CAD Monitor
With 4K (3840x2160P) resolution at the 60Hz refresh rate, the Philips 288P6LJEB is the best CAD monitor. Not only the CAD, but it runs great for SolidWorks designs too.
Features and Specifications of Philips 288P6LJEB 4K Monitor are:
- 1ms response time with 1.07 Billion colors and 16:9 aspect ratio
- 28-inch display size with 4K Ultra HD resolution is perfect for SolidWorks and AutoCAD like designing programs
- You can view the same screen on two different PCs or PIP due to the ‘Multi View’ feature
- You can quickly adjust the height of the screen in both the landscape and portrait modes for better viewing
- Multiple connectivity support including two USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, and ports for DVI, speakers, VGA, and HDMI each
- 1700 horizontal and 1600 vertical viewing angles
- Comes with 4-year replacement warranty allows a hassle-free purchase
2. BenQ 27″ PD2700Q QHD IPS Designer Monitor
Any kind of computer-aided program you want to run, the BenQ PD2700Q is the perfect display of it. The flicker-free technology with CAD/CAM design makes this monitor an Editor’s choice for the SolidWorks and AutoCAD applications.
Specifications and Features of BenQ PD27000Q Designer Monitor are:
- It has 4ms response time with 100% sRGB ratio & 60Hz refresh rate helps to relive every color on the screen
- 27-inch display with Quad HD resolution brings you gorgeous graphics
- CAD/CAM mode allows you to have best contrast ratio for 3D designs and the specific animation mode offers to enhance darkest shadows
- Zero flicker technology protects your eyes from strains and other harmful effects
- The Low Blue Light technology from BenQ prevents irritation and eye fatigue
- You can view multiple designs side-by-side on this widescreen display due to its ‘Dual View’ feature
- This monitor is built with one HDMI port, one Display port, one MiniDisplay port, integrated speakers, USB Hub, two USB downstream and one USB upstream ports, and headphone jacks
3. ViewSonic VP2365-LED 23″ Monitor
ViewSonic VP2365 is one of the most sought monitors for CAD programming today. It is compatible with both the Windows and Mac Operating Systems and can be attached to your desktop or laptop PCs. This ability makes it perfect to use as a USB powered monitor for your second screen option.
Features and Specifications of ViewSonic VP2365 CAD Monitor are:
- It comes with 1920×1080 (1080P) pixels Full HD resolution on a 23” display which offers perfect view for your design work
- 16:9 aspect ratio with 20M:1 dynamic contrast ratio on an IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel provides genuinely professional experience
- The VGA, DVI-D, and four USB ports provide connectivity to multiple inputs
- The ‘Echo Mode’ feature helps to save the energy bills by consuming almost to 40% less power
- This is the perfect display for CAD/CAM engineering, Photography, Video production, and other Graphics designing applications
- It is wall mountable and can be used as a dual monitor setup too
- Manufacturer warranty for 3 years makes you worry free for your purchase
4. Samsung C32F391 32” Curved Monitor for SolidWorks
This curved monitor from Samsung is attracting a big number of graphic designers these days. Its ultra slim design in a curved shape along with a circular stand gives a pretty look to your desktop.
Specifications and Features of Samsung C32F391 Curved Monitor are:
- The 32-inch display with 5000:1 contrast ratio and 1080P (1920×1080) resolution offers a stunning look for your graphic designs
- The Active Crystal Color (ACC) technology from Samsung gives immersive viewing through vivid colors
- 4ms response time with 60Hz refresh rate & 100% sRGB ratio is what you need to get going with your animated videos quickly and easily
- Flicker-free WLED backlight enables it to go in the ‘eye-saver’ mode for reducing eye strain
- Integrated speakers, HDMI port, and Display port make this monitor capable of multiple connections simultaneously
5. BenQ BL2710PT 27″ Professional Design Monitor for SolidWorks
The BenQ BL2710PT is a SolidWorks Partner Product which works great for all computer aided programs. The all four tilt, pivot, height, and swivel adjustments make it usable for any kind of position you are comfortable with.
Features and Specifications of BenQ BL2710PT SolidWorks Monitor are:
- The 27” display size is designed specifically for the CAD/CAM users
- 100% sRGB color gamut ratio with 350 cd/m2 brightness & 1000:1 contrast makes it enable to provide 1.07 Billion colors on the display
- Zero flicker technology from BenQ saves your eyes from discomfort and fatigue during more extended use
- 2560×1440 pixels (1440P display) resolution with 109 PPI (Pixel Per Inch) & 16:9 aspect ratio with 4ms GTG response time give crystal clear image viewing for your any custom design works in 3D or 2D
- Input ports for HDMI, Display, DVI, Headphone, USB 3.0, and USB 2.0 make it capable of connecting multiple devices
- You can quickly switch between the CAD/CAM, Animation, and Normal modes according to your preferences
- Performs best with SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Maya, PTC, and other designing software
Get the best CAD Monitor
Getting a most suitable monitor and that too on a fixed budget is not an easy thing. And so, I listed some of the top branded CAD monitors in different price ranges. You should consider the aspect ratio, screen size, pixel resolution, connectivity ports, response time, and color reproduction ratio while purchasing a monitor for CAD and SolidWorks. These are some of the leading aspects of computer-aided programs compatibility.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below about your CAD/SolidWorks experience and also which monitor will you prefer to buy among the mentioned above.