Gechic 2501H Review
First, let me introduce some of the important features and specifications of this one of the top-class portable monitors:
- It has a 15.6” viewing display with an amazing full HD 1920×1080 pixel resolution
The monitor has an enhanced 250cd/m2 brightness which allows you to see a clear picture in the darkest areas
- It has a contrast ratio of 400:1 and 262K colors with correct color depth to help you edit photos and videos efficiently
- The IPS panel technology gives pure image quality and precision
- 1600 viewing angle gives an optimal game and video play to one or more users from any side
- You can adjust the color temperature and effect as per your needs with number of color settings
- You can connect it with your different USB-enabled devices like laptops, smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, DSLRs, notebooks, and even with your beloved Raspberry Pi
- It also comes with HDMI and VGA inputs
The Gechic on-lap 2501H is a full HD portable USB powered monitor which is having a matt-black stylish body. The slim design makes it a lightweight device weighing only about 1.72lbs. When you get it in its protective cover, then the weight will increase slightly to 2.28lbs. The looks are very similar to its predecessor, Gechic 2501C on-lap display. You can carry your external monitor anywhere you want due to its slim and lighter build.
All the three inputs; DC power, HDMI, and VGA are located on the right side panel of the display. While on the right side, you will see the buttons for menu, power, volume, color, and other settings. The placing of the buttons is organized wonderfully to make them easily accessible for the user. It has two inbuilt speakers placed at the back of the screen. The monitor has a plastic body which makes it delicate, but, overall, the design of Gechic 2501H is well-organized and quality built.
What you will get in this bundle:
- The Gechic 2501H Portable Monitor
- One protective cover stand
- A single USB cable and an HDMI cable
- User manual
- A 5V-2A charger
Though this external monitor requires only a single USB cable for both the power and input, I used a USB cable and an HDMI cable separately for getting it on and video connection. The black cover that comes with the display gives good protection for the dust and other weather conditions. Also, I can use it as a stand when needed which I liked most about it. I can put it at 450 on the surface, and when I purchased a separate stand for it, I could adjust it to four different angles. If you do not want to use the stand, then place the monitor flat on the table and then pull out the cover.
For a quick comparison of the Gechic Portable Monitors, I will give you side by side compare of the Gechic 2501H and Gechic 2501C USB-powered screens.
| Gechic 2501H||Gechic 2501C|
|Panel Type||IPS LCD||TN LCD|
|Resolution||1920x1080 P||1366x768 P|
|Brightness||250 cd/m2||200 cd/m2|
|Viewing Angle||80/80/80/80 U/D/R/L||20/45/45/45 U/D/R/L|
|Dimension||15.5" x 10.2" x 0.6"||15.2" x 10.2" x 0.5"|
As you can see above, the most noticeable difference between the both is the panel technology they use. The Gechic 2501C uses the Twisted Panel technology which provides faster response time while the 2501H monitor uses the In Panel Switching technology, which gives a great color reproduction for sharper and clear images.
Pros of Gechic 2501H
- Easy to install and use
- Full HD resolution with IPS technology
- Lighter built makes it extremely portable
- Amazing picture quality and wider viewing angles
Cons of Gechic 2501H
- Slower response time which can create some legging if you want to use it for high-class gaming
- Non touch screen so you have to operate it through the buttons and other connected devices
With a plastic body, a bit slow response time and a high price than the other standard portable USB powered gaming monitors, the Gechic 2501H cannot be the first choice for gamers and filmmakers. But, with lightweight design, amazing picture resolution, up to 99.9% color reproduction, and some other noticeable improvements from its predecessors, this display is perfect for the professionals who want an on-the-go second screen while travelling or at the time of presentation.
P.S. The Gechic is not manufacturing the 2501H now, but you can refer its newer version, the Gechic 1503H portable monitor which is a great second screen option to improve the productivity and to make you more comfortable while working.